Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camping Snapshot I: Orgy of The Salamander

The adventure started with me almost ditching my friend.  I was following him and all of the sudden we were in the Suburbia of campgrounds.  People everywhere, vending machines, motor homes, ugly people, it was horrific.  I stopped breathing for a second and then started planning on how to ditch him "by accident".  And then he left the horrors of the strip mall campground and continued forth onto an unmarked gravel road and I guess this is really where it begins.

It began with the sacrifice of a small mammal.  Going up this winding one and a half lane, pot hole ridden, gravel road there is not much you can do when in the middle of the swirling dust a small rodent like creature decides to spread its guts on your car.  I had no choice and in the end I turned it into a positive instead of a negative.

I mean really I thought it was a good omen.  I took care of the death and destruction jinx done right off the bat, I pretty much saved lives and with this group... we needed all the help we could get.

We stopped at a couple places that barely looked like anything to find the right spot.  The one we ended up at was perfect.  You couldn't tell what it was from the road.  You go down this rutty dirt path and it opens to a clearing that overlooks the Nehalem River.  You have to go down the embankment to the water but that is it.  Just out in nature.  When I tell you my soul was in heaven, that is an understatement.

I felt like I was finally able to breath.  I was left alone for a while while a trip was made back to town to get the other folks in the party (off the grid, no cell service... lovely!).   I had no desire to go back, friend said "wow you really don't want to leave do you?"  Not one single cell in my body wanted to go, he was right and I was transparent as all get out.  All I wanted to do was get in the water.  So I did.  Cold river water.  After pitching tents, I swam around, set the Crawdad traps because that was going to be dinner later in the trip, fresh from the river.  Then I took a nap on the embankment across from our tents, well covered in sun screen, lol.  I enjoyed being there all alone without a soul in the world.  My soul started to feast and I could breath again.  Best high in the world.

And then the others came.  Queue ominous music... haha

Hardly!  Fun folk came. We started our explorations and we saw some kinky shit.

First off and really the best of the whole trip:... the Salamander Orgy.  Dozens of Salamanders all doing nasty, slimy things against each other.  OKay maybe in my gutter mind that is what they were doing.  I am sure some bio-chick/dude will have a counter argument to my theory and come up with some ridiculous natural reason for them to do that but after Googling for an extensive 2 minutes and finding nothing I think our conclusion was completely full of merit and of win, Salamander Orgy.

Just sayin.





















No comments:

Post a Comment